Often I am asked these types of questions in my consultations with clients: “How can I get a green card?”, “Can I stay in the United States and get my residency or do I have to go back home?”, “I entered illegally, can I get a green card?” “My husband got caught at the border and was turned around, and then came in again – can he get a green card?”, “Our application for adjustment of status was denied – can we file again or appeal?”
Adjustment of status is the term used by immigration services to process permanent residency here in the United States
To the USCIS, it is a privilege reserved for only the best people who contain good moral character and have played by the rules. You may be here in the United States and be wondering if you can adjust status to a permanent resident and receive a green card. To get the correct answer you want to hire the best immigration attorney available to advise you on this very important issue.
A typical set of services that we will provide to clients that want to adjust status are as follows:
- We will provide the following services to you:
Review your immigration documents and research the current law and procedures;
- Prepare the following forms and fees and send them to you for your review and signature:
- Petitions to Classify Status of Alien Relative for Immigrant Visa (Form I-130) $420;
- Application for Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) $985;
- Application for Employment Authorization (Form I-765);
- Application for Travel Document (Form I-131);
- Affidavit of Support (Form I-864);
- Biographic Information Forms (G-325A);
- Biometric information – USCIS Fingerprint Appointment $85;
- Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status (I-693) – pay to USCIS Civil Surgeon; and
- Notice of Attorney Representation (G-28).
- File the above forms with the appropriate agency;
- Follow up with USCIS prior to your interview to make sure the forms are properly processed;
- Notify USCIS of your change of address;
- Review any requests for information and notify you regarding these requests; and
- Consult with you prior to your interview in Memphis to prepare you for obtaining your visa; and
- After the interview we will review the DHS decision and thereafter discuss the decision and next steps with you.
If you have a similar situation we can help. We work with families who have cases ongoing with other firms and we simply take over the case and get it back on track. Or we can review your documents and advise you on how best to proceed. All of our work comes with the Integrity Refund and Performance Guarantee.
Click here for our Personal Immigration Questionnaire Form or our Professional Immigration Questionnaire Form and send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule yourself for your free consultation today with a Denver Immigration Attorney. Our Denver office is located at 1624 Market Street, Suite 202, Denver, Colorado 80202 our offices are easily reached via the free Mall Ride. Our Denver office is accessible from I-25, I-70, Aurora, Lakewood, Arvada, Commerce City, the Denver Tech Center, Westminster, and Thornton.
Thank you for your interest in our firm. Mark C. Daly
Call or email now for a free consultation, a special consultation or a rush consultation with Mark C. Daly, a licensed immigration attorney with over 15 years of experience in immigration law.
CALL US TODAY! (303) 838-2879 (303) 838-2879 | FREE CASE CONSULTATION