Denver Immigration Attorneys at IVA love working on intracompany transfer cases. We receive many calls come in from businesses and entrepreneurs who want to open companies in the United States and staff them themselves or with workers from their foreign offices: “How can I get a green card and open a new company here in the US?” “Can I open a subsidiary of my overseas company and live here permanently?” and “Can I buy a business and get a green card?”
The L-1A and L-1B visa categories provide for executives and important workers from foreign companies to live in the US to work in companies with ties to the foreign company. Proving these ties can be difficult because the USCIS and Embassies strive to keep people out of the United States and will usually use any technicality to deny one of these applications. They know that once you enter on an L visa you will have an excellent chance at qualifying for permanent residency in the First Preference category reserved for International Executives. That is why you will have to hire the best immigration attorney available to handle this type of matter for you.
This is a list of the types of services we normally will provide to you if you want to get an L-1A Intracompany Transfer visa or change of status:
- Review your immigration documents, Company business and financial documents, personal financial and asset documents (including land documents and family loan documents) and research the current law and procedures;
- Create complete staffing chart and organizational chart for Company including names, experience, and job duties of all current employees (17);
- Create business plan for 3 year term for US entity, including cash flow projections, marketing information, positions, job duties, source of funding, start up costs and operating expenses;
- Prepare and file business entity documents with Secretary of State office;
- Prepare corporate minutes, meeting of directors, shareholders and share certificates and ledger;
- Review resume of Client and degree and college transcripts of classes;
- Research prevailing wages for President/CEO of US entity;
- Review tax returns for Company and depreciation schedules;
- Review tax returns for Client and Spouse;
- Review documents for New Company (NAME) with Client as partner;
- Review Loopnet business offerings and meet with business broker to discuss purchasing businesses and including those in the business plan;
- Prepare company letter of new entity signed by partner of behalf of hiring Client to open new company in US and qualify for L-1A;
- Prepare application for L-1A to file with USCIS; and
- Review the decision and the next steps with you for bringing your family over on L-2 visas.
If you have a similar situation we can help. We work with families and businesses who have cases ongoing with other firms and we simply take over the case and get it back on track. Or we can review your documents and advise you on how best to proceed. All of our work comes with the Integrity Refund and Performance Guarantee.
Click here for our Personal Immigration Questionnaire Form or our Professional Immigration Questionnaire Form and send it to me at email@example.com and schedule yourself for your free consultation today with a Denver Immigration Attorney. Our Denver office is located at 1624 Market Street, Suite 202, Denver, Colorado 80202 our offices are easily reached via the free Mall Ride. Our Denver office is accessible from I-25, I-70, Aurora, Lakewood, Arvada, Commerce City, the Denver Tech Center, Westminster, and Thornton.
Thank you for your interest in our firm. Mark C. Daly
Call or email now for a free consultation, a special consultation or a rush consultation with Mark C. Daly, a licensed immigration attorney with over 20 years of experience in immigration law.
CALL US TODAY! (303) 838-2879 (303) 838-2879 | FREE CASE CONSULTATION