When I get calls from people asking about investor visas, – EB-5, E-1 or E-2 visas – they are usually here on B-1 or B-2 tourist visas: “ Do I have to pay $1 Million or can I pay $500,000 to get a green card?”, “Can I start up a business and get a green card?”, “How do I put my money into buying a business before I know if I am going to get the visa or not?” and “Can my family work or go to school if I receive an investor visa?”
We have provided assistance with immigrant investors looking at various EB-5 Regional Centers. If you are looking to invest in a company here in the United States and are from a country that has an agreement with the US, you can look into obtaining an E-1 or E-2 visa.
Our typical scope of services for an E-2 visa are as follows:
- Review your immigration documents, company business, corporate and financial documents, personal financial and asset documents and research the current law and procedures;
- Create complete staffing chart and organizational chart for new company including names, experience, and job duties of all current employees;
- Create list of subcontractors and jobs completed in past two years;
- Create business plan for 3 year term for US entity, including cash flow projections, marketing information, positions, job duties, source of funding, start up costs and operating expenses (work with your Business Services Professionals);
- Prepare corporate changes and file amended reports with Tennessee Secretary of State office in Nashville;
- Prepare corporate minutes, meeting of directors, shareholders and share certificates and ledger;
- Review your resume and past executive job duties;
- Research prevailing wages for CEO of your company;
- Review tax returns for construction company and depreciation schedules;
- Review tax returns;
- Review Loopnet business offerings and meet with business broker to discuss purchasing similar businesses and including those in the business plan;
- Prepare company letter of new entity signed by partner of behalf of accepting investment from you and for your to serve as CEO and qualify for E-2 change of status;
- Prepare application I-129 ($325)for E-2 change of status to file with USCIS;
- Prepare premium processing request I-907 ($1,225) to file with USCIS; and
- Review the decision and the next steps with you for bringing your family over on E-2 visas This contract does not include changing status for family members from B-1/B-2 to E-2.
Note: We cannot advise you on matters of federal, state or county law, including issuing social security benefits, corporate law, drivers licenses, marriage licenses, family law matters, criminal law matters, estate planning, or other legal matters unrelated to immigration law.
If you have a similar situation we can help. We work with families and businesses who have cases ongoing with other firms and we simply take over the case and get it back on track. Or we can review your documents and advise you on how best to proceed. All of our work comes with the Integrity Refund and Performance Guarantee.
Call or email now for a free consultation, a special consultation or a rush consultation with Mark C. Daly, a licensed immigration attorney with over 15 years of experience in immigration law.
CALL US TODAY! (303) 838-2879 (303) 838-2879 | FREE CASE CONSULTATION
Our Denver office is located at 1624 Market Street, Suite 202, Denver, Colorado 80202 our offices are easily reached via the free Mall Ride. Our Denver office is accessible from I-25, I-70, Aurora, Lakewood, Arvada, Commerce City, the Denver Tech Center, Westminster, and Thornton.